Saturday, April 30, 2005

The theme of my blog

The theme of my blog "The Sword of The Lighthouse" sounds like a movie title to me (Actually, I'm thinking of another title: "The Sword in The Lighthouse". Which one sounds nicer? Please comment) . But this title has meaning. Since I would be writing about christian stuffs mostly, so I will need the bible as a guide. The bible is the lighthouse, guiding people in life. Inside the bible contains God's word. The word of God is likened to a sword. Perhaps this verse would explain everything. "For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." (Hebrews 4:12)
_
With the Sword, we defend our faith.
_
In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. (Ephesians 6:16-17)
_
Indeed, we should put on the full amor of God everyday so that we can take our stand against the devil schemes. (Ephesians 6:10-20)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home