Sunday, May 01, 2005

Fundamental questions

1) God
a)
Who is God?

b)
Does God exist 1?
__Does God exist 2?

c)
What does God look like?
_..What are the attributes of God? What is God like?

d) Trinity:
When I was trying to understand more about the Trinity doctrine, I search the web for answer. I first came across a website which really look like a othodox site claiming that they are talking about the truth. But when I read more of their contents, I read that they said Jesus is not God but is just another man created by God. And they continued to say that the Trinity doctrine is outdated and irrelevant today and is an error. The whole site is decorated just like a normal Christian website but why did they want to argue that Jesus is not God in flesh to pay the price of sin for us?

As I search for more answer in the internet, I saw more websites claiming and defending that Jesus is God in flesh and they are trying to explain the Trinity doctrine. I was really very puzzled by the conflicting views about Jesus. I read again and again both sides of view points. The more I try to reconcile both view points, the more I get even confused. Only one of them can be right. Therefore, I decided to bring out my own bible to study. As I search the bible for answers and proofs, I am convinced that the Trinity doctrine is correct. There are many many evidences and signs in the bibles that point to God in three godhead although the bible does not say so directly. I just list four verses below, okay?
_
Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, [a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground." (genesis 1:26)

_

The LORD says to my Lord: "Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet." (Psalm 110:1)

I [Jesus] and the Father are one. (John 10:30)

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, (Matthew 28:19)

_
If so, why did that website want to claim that Jesus is only a human being created by God? Furthermore, why did Dan Brown want to attempt to "humanize" Jesus Christ in his infamous book "Da Vinci code"?

The bible provides these answers:
Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you.For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ,[
a]' and will deceive many. (Matthew 24: 4-5)

For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect - if that were possible. See, I have told you ahead of time. (Matthew 24: 24-25)

For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform signs and miracles to deceive the elect - if that were possible. So be on your guard; I have told you everything ahead of time. (Mark 13: 22-23)

At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come. (Matthew 24:10-14)

But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them - bringing swift destruction on themselves. Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping. (2 Peter 2:1-3)

Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world. (1 John 4:1-3)

I have a hard time trying to understand the Trinity. But eventually I understand but then I think I still haven't understand completely. The more I try to figure out about how can God be in three person, the more I understand it deeper. There are obviously many things in the world that are a mystery to us, but we who are living in the A.D period have more revelations than people living in the B.C period. Based on those revelations, don't we confess with our mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord?

To know more about Trinity, reading the Q&A below:
i.
_Trinity 1
ii.
..Trinity 2
iii.
.Trinity 3

=> DO CHRISTIANS BELIEVE IN THREE GODS?

e)
-Why God want to create us?

f)
-I want to know about God 1
__I want to know about God 2
__I want to know about God 3
__I want to know about God 4

_
Additonal:
+ + +

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home